Checking Net Contents of Mulch Packages
Course Instructor: Robert C. LaGasse
Date: Self-led course, complete within 90 days of purchase.
Time: 43 Minutes
Location: Online/Self Study
Course Cost: MSC member Companies: $99.00 / Non-Member $199
Completion Certificate: Yes; On-line Test
Online Course Description:
This course is designed to assist industry managers and regulatory officials understand the background, processes and procedures for uniform checking of the net contents of packaged mulch and soil materials as defined in NIST Handbook 130 and 133 by the Office of Weights & Measures of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Overview of Package Labeling & Testing Requirements
- The Statistical Basis of The Handbook And Sampling Plans
- What, When, Where And How Inspectors Verify Net Quantity Declarations
- Determining Inspection Lots And Sampling Procedures
- How To Test The Volume Fill of Mulch Packages
Course participants will be able to:
- Understand basic labeling requirements of packages
- Understand the need and apply the proper statistical procedures for random package sampling
- Understand how to determine the average and individual package requirements for inspections
- Conduct individual package quantity testing using NIST test protocols.